To replace the cutting wire, follow these simple instructions:
1) Place your slicer on a flat surface, as shown in Figure 1.
2) Loosen the set screw and turn the handle upward, as shown by the arrow in Figure 1.
3) Using a narrow object (such as a nail), push the wire fastening pin out.
4) While holding the base, grasp the metal bar and gently slide it outward until it clears the cutting slot.
5) Now you can remove the broken wire pieces.
6) Take the new wire and place the wire loop into cutting slot. Slide the bar back into the base, passing the bar through wire loop.
7) With the handle in the raised position, as shown in Figure 2, place the other wire loop into the handle cavity and reinsert the fastening pin, passing it through loop.
8) Turn the handle in the direction shown in Figure 2 until it comes to rest. Grasp handle and tighten the set screw into metal bar. Be sure the screw is lined up with the hole in bar for a secure and correct fit.
9) Gently work the bar either into or out of the base until the wire is aligned with the cutting slot.